This week, Comic-Con is canceling the apocalypse.
For the first time since 2019, pandemic and the whole lot of other challenges we all faced these past years, Comic-Con returns to the San Diego Convention Center on July 21 – 24, 2022. Yes, perhaps this year's SDCC is not as big in terms of the number of presentations and high-profile announcements, but still there are a lot of interesting reveals coming our way that you won't want to miss.
Here's the list of biggest SDCC 2022 panels we can't afford to miss this week:
Saturday, July 23, 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM PST
This year's DCEU panel is somewhat subdued: the not-so-impressive lineup includes only Black Adam and Shazam! Fury of the Gods. However, rumor has it we can expect a surprise appearance from the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill, who's going to announce something Superman-related.
Marvel is going to introduce a handful of new projects with not one, but two separate panels at SDCC. The first one will be devoted to all things animated, with potential new info on 'What If?..' season 2 and other projects. It is the second one, however, that is going to be the centerpiece of SDCC lineup: Kevin Feige himself will appear on Hall H stage to talk about the MCU's future.
- Friday, July 22, 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM PST – Marvel Animation panel
- Saturday, July 23, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM PST – The MCU panel
Biggest New TV Shows
Aside from Marvel, this is where the biggest news will be happening. Long-awaited and extremely hyped projects such as LoTR prequel, Game of Thrones prequel, another one of Neil Gaiman's comic book adaptations, will be presented and talked about at SDCC this upcoming weekend.
Here's a list of key dates and timeslots you'll want to follow closely:
- Friday, July 22, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM PST – The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power
- Saturday, July 23, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM PST – House of the Dragon
- Saturday, July 23, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM PST – The Sandman Special Video Presentation and Q&A
- Saturday, July 23, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM PST – Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire
SDCC has long since become some sort of home away from home for all things Star Trek – so it comes as no surprise that some of the most intriguing panels at this year's Comic-Con are centered around Star Trek projects and its biggest stars (yes, we are talking about William Shatner, how could we not?). There are at least two panels planned that every self-respecting trekkie wouldn't want to miss:
- Thursday, July 21, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM PST – Shatner on Shatner, with audience's Q&A, new project announcement and Kevin Smith's expert moderation
- Saturday, July 23, 12:45 PM – 2:15 PM – Star Trek Universe Panel, with the stars and producers from Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Lower Decks, and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds joining their colleagues on stage to discuss what's next for the Trek universe.
The biggest AMC series is coming to an end, but it's not the end for Walking Dead ever-expanding universe; far from it. Over the course of two separate panels Walking Dead cast and crew will discuss what's next for TWD, shed some light on new projects (namely, upcoming new series Tales of the Walking Dead) and, hopefully, tease that epic The Walking Dead finale we've all been waiting for.
- Friday, July 22, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM PST – Tales of the Walking Dead
- Friday, July 22, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM PST – The Walking Dead
This year's SDCC will feature a near-record number of animated projects: we got a handful of new series as well as returning veterans such as Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and Bob's Burgers. Among the most interesting upcoming projects are The Gremlins animated prequel series, Hulu's Koala Man from the creators of Rick and Morty, Beavis and Butt-Head Paramount+ original series, The Proud Family revival series, and the newest addition to the Rick and Morty family, a spin-off titled The Vindicators, set to premiere July 23, 2022 on Adult Swim's YouTube channel.
Here's the list of every major animated series panel:
Thursday, July 21
- 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM: Beavis and Butt-Head Do Comic-Con
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Koala Man
- 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: Solar Opposites
- 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Harley Quinn Season 3 Advance Screening
Friday, July 22
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal Season 2
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
- 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM: Rick and Morty: The Vindicators
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Transformers: EarthSpark!
- 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM: Bob's Burgers
- 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM: FXX's Little Demon
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: FX's Archer
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: The Great North
Saturday, July 23
- 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM: The Simpsons
- 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM: American Dad
- 1:15 PM – 1:45 PM: Family Guy
- 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM: FOX's Krapopolis