This $7B Franchise Launched Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s $800M Net Worth

This $7B Franchise Launched Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s $800M Net Worth
Image credit: Universal Pictures

Dwayne Johnson’s net worth would not have been the same without his bizarre salary from this one franchise.


  • Dwayne Johnson is one of the richest actors in Hollywood, bragging a staggering $800M net worth.
  • But one particular franchise has paid The Rock around $65M in total, making up 8% of his current net worth.
  • As a businessman, Johnson has invested in many ventures and established several income sources for himself.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one of the biggest Hollywood icons, and rightfully so. This giant Hawaiian actor and entrepreneur has a great personality and sharp business acumen which allowed him to turn his personal brand into a never-stopping money-making machine.

But few people realize just how much this singular $7B movie franchise added to The Rock’s immense $800M net worth over the years.

The Rock Thrived Off Vin Diesel ’s Franchise

Dwayne Johnson has starred in dozens of movies throughout his acting career, but his Hobbs in the Fast & Furious franchise is definitely one of the most memorable. While The Rock hasn’t been part of every F&F movie, he’s a major recurring star in Vin Diesel’s iconic series about cool bald guys going blowing up cool sports cars.

This $7B Franchise Launched Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s $800M Net Worth - image 1

For his six appearances in the franchise — in Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, The Fate of the Furious, Fast X, and Hobbs & Shaw — Dwayne Johnson has been paid around $65M in total, with the latter movie being his most lucrative outing in Vin Diesel’s universe: 2019’s Hobbs & Shaw reportedly paid The Rock $20M alone.

$65M might seem like an essential chunk of The Rock’s total $800M net worth, but while the Fast & Furious franchise was an important step of his career, it wasn’t defining in terms of the actor’s fortune: Johnson has many things going for him.

The Rock Owns Many Booming Ventures

This $7B Franchise Launched Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s $800M Net Worth - image 2

Like some of his Hollywood colleagues, Dwayne Johnson never put all eggs in one basket. The actor invested his earnings from acting into several various businesses, diversifying his portfolio and creating many income sources for himself.

The Rock is a co-owner of the Xtreme Football League and the sole owner of Seven Bucks Productions and Teramana Tequila (which is estimated to be worth over $3.5B!). Apart from that, he has many lucrative collaborations, like his deals with Under Armour, Ford, Apple, and Milk, just to name a few.

While the Fast & Furious franchise definitely paid a hefty sum to the actor, Dwayne Johnson multiplied that money several times over thanks to his business acumen. Still, his salary from Vin Diesel’s movies adds up to over 8% of The Rock’s current net worth, even though he’s earned the other 92% through different means.